Johnson Controls Kion concept - 'A look inside the future'
Kion gives new shape to the automobile interior. JCI consumer research showed that in years to come, people will take a more intensive approach to cultivating social contacts. Yet at the same time they will demand ever greater individual space...which is why the interior of the future must offer two things: "space for personality" and "space for communality".
And because people should feel at home in their interior of the future, JCI designers and product engineers have given it the look and feel of a living room. Open and bright with clear lines and materials patterned on interior design trends. Interior elements speak a common design language, translating individual components into a unified whole. Single notes orchestrate a symphony of enhanced comfort and flexibility for one, and all. Aesthetic appeal fused with functionality and flexibility to create an integrated solution meeting vastly differing needs - that's the interior of Kion.
The answers to tomorrow's questions:
- Redefined and upgraded C-segment interiors.
- The vehicle - home away from home and mobile office rolled into one.
- The automobile interior as an interface in tomorrow's multimedia network.
- Greater comfort - greater safety - greater driving pleasure.
Product highlights and flexible design solutions:
- Kion Table as an electronic and social hub, with built-in Autovision.
- Wireless linkup of electronic devices thanks to Bluetooth technology.
- Vehicle personalization by way of advanced storage modules.
- Individual communication columns with electronic outlets for each passenger.
- Dual-plane instrument cluster for greater clarity.
- Smart, ergonomically adjusting seating system solutions with intuitive controls.
- Creation of more personal and overall storage space.
- Underscoring individual parts for total added value.
The Kion will be on display at the Johnson Controls stand in Hall 4, Stand 233 at the Paris Motor Show.
JCI Industrial Design
|Copyright © 2000 Car Design News, Inc.||